Generating leads for your business is an essential step in the process of getting new customers. There are many ways to generate leads, but some methods are more effective than others. Each method has its pros and cons, so it’s important to keep that in mind before deciding which one is best for you. Here are some of the best and surest ways to get potential leads to your business;
If you have a lower budget but still need immediate leads, do Google Guaranteed. It is Google’s newer program to make Google Ads easier for contractors to manage. The cost per lead is around $20-50, and they are all people searching on google for roofing. You only pay when you get a lead.
- It doesn’t take an expert to set it up
- Works even with a lower budget
- The application process is time-consuming
- There’s a finite amount of leads to get from Google Guaranteed. You will quickly outgrow the number of leads you can get from them.
Everyone thinks this is the silver bullet of marketing. But it’s not. You can get good results from FB ads, but it’s not guaranteed. A great ad copy that works well in one market won’t always work in another market. It requires constant tweaking to keep the ads effective and requires a lot more follow-up and qualifying to get the leads to actually close.
This approach has been proven to be one of the most effective ways to generate leads, the cost per lead can be one of the cheapest. It’s fantastic because you can target your ads directly at those who will be interested in what you’re offering based on their demographic information and interests. Here are some pros and cons to Facebook advertising when generating leads for your business;
- Cheap lead cost (I’ve gotten calls for $4 before)
- High Volume of leads (especially after hailstorms)
- Fb ads work well as a supplement to other advertising, such as retargeting ads for everyone who visits your website or sees your Google Ad.
- Lower quality leads. The leads aren’t always ready to buy a roof. They aren’t out looking for a roofing company. They are just browsing Facebook.
- It needs constant tweaking to work well.
These work super well to get highly qualified leads, but they are expensive and don’t work with a small budget. If you don’t focus on cost per lead but focus on cost per sold client, you’ll realize how good Google Ads are.
Google Ads is a great way to get almost instant leads for your business. What’s even better, you can set it up and let Google do all the work while you go out on other jobs or take some time off. Here are some pros and cons of Google ads when generating leads;
- All leads are people searching for your services
- Highest closing rate out of the paid Ad options
- Doesn’t work as well with smaller ad spend budgets.
- You will need to hire a marketing agency. This is not one you’ll want to do on your own without an expert.
- The first months won’t be as effective. The longer you run the ad for, and the more data you get, the better the ad will perform.
- Needs constant monitoring. Unlike Google Guaranteed or SEO, you’ll need to continue to add negative keywords, and tweak the ads to optimize them fully and not waste money.
Website and SEO.
This is one of the best investments you can make in your company long term. It is expensive, and it takes a long time to work and get your ROI, but once you are ranking organically for multiple buyer intent local keywords, you will receive tons of leads every day without spending any money on ads. It is like a constant fountain of leads specifically looking for your company because they saw your site online, and you look trustworthy.
A great deal about Website and SEO is that you do not have to pay for ads or be a marketing expert. Just get people on your site, and you will get calls. It also gets good searches in highly competitive markets, so this could work great if there are no other businesses around. Here are some Pros and Cons of using this method for lead generation;
- Builds credibility for your business
- Once it is ranked, you have more leads than you know what to do with.
- No money spent on Ads
- Consistent traffic every day even when not spending any more.
- It usually takes around 8+ months of paying for SEO to rank in most markets for competitive keywords for a brand new website.
- Not much ROI until the site is ranked.
GMB + SEO.
This is the most effective way for generating leads at scale, but it requires some upfront investment to get started with Google My Business which you can read more about here. If done correctly, this will generate so many qualified local search engine visitors. This method has been proven one of the best ways to generate leads with up to a high close rate depending on what type of service or product you offer. Here are some pros and cons when using GMB plus SEO;
- Highest volume of leads possible with a consistent flow daily.
- High closing rate on those leads
- No money is spent on generating traffic or quality leads as it’s all free from search engines.
Highly technical and takes knowledge about how local search engine rankings work to start this process successfully.
A professional marketing agency in Arizona.
At Magnet Marketing SEO, we understand each of these methods to generate leads, and we know how to use all of them successfully. If you want more traffic or better quality leads, call us today.